Tuesday, May 09, 2006

The Joy Luck Club


I have finished the second book and I really like the theme of the book, the mother daughter relationships. I like to read about the stories because they are in different perspectives, form China and from the United States. I think that I can relate this to the articles we had to read on our Midterm. I don't remember the exact quote but it stated that there are African all over the world with different stories, but they all started in Africa. While I was reading these stories, I came to see that they were pretty similar; they portrayed Chinese culture etc. Even though the stories themselves may be different, they portrayed same relationships between mothers and daughters. After all, all of the people in America came from China (or there ancestors did) and they share similar experiences.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home